WHAT WE DO
Established in Belgium, ARCHumankind is a non-profit organization which aims to gather people from the most diverse geographical, professional, and cultural upbringings united in their will to advance co-operation and understanding took shape under the project of the “Alliance to Renew Co-operation among Humankind”.
ARCHumankind aims to promote the application of the UN’s general principles and resolutions regarding human rights (including the Charter of the UN, the International Bill of Human Rights, the Universal Declaration of Human Rights, the International Covenant on Economic, Social and Cultural Rights, and the International Covenant on Social and Political Rights) without any form of discrimination such as that on the basis of functional impairment, race, colour, gender, language, religion, tradition, political or other opinions, national, ethnic or social origin, legal or social status, age, property or birth. ARCHumankind aims to promote labour rights, open governance, sustainable development, freedom, peace and the democratic rule of law.
The organisation is seeking to contribute to stimulating sustainable cooperation to promote democracy and a respect for human rights, while putting an end to religiously, politically or ethnically motivated oppression and violence.
It will also seek to promote justice, peace and security within international alliances. The highest norms of integrity and ethical conduct shall be set as priorities. Resources shall be used with discretion, honesty and care. Transparent information shall be supplied to all those who contribute towards achieving the aim of the organisation.
It intends to organize and maintain high level contacts, combine networks, support and bring together organizations active in this field, organize conferences and exchange, stimulate and support all actions that can contribute to cooperation and understanding.
The organization receives donations and may take any action (whether commercial or otherwise), to finance its actions mentioned in this bylaws.
ARCHumankind will search for and support international partners in the field that have the same focus and take actions to achieve its goals:
Our Working programme is starting with seven major concerns:
1. Women; Discrimination against women appears as the most generalised and serious human problem in the developing World. Innovative actions will be sponsored to address this question;
2. World Without discrimination; other than women, minorities tend to be heavily discriminated, ethnicity and religion coming as the main reasons for it. An appraisal of the situation of minorities and the ways to address it will be a fundamental topic;
3. Watch; human rights, in particular the work of human rights defenders and the situation and rehabilitation of victims of torture;
4. War; Iran is stepping up its nuclear programme at the same time as it increases the sponsoring of terrorism and destabilisation in the region and reinforces brutal repression in-doors. Appeasement policy reinforced considerably this threat. What shall be the new policy of the international community to the fanatic threat?
5. Waste; whereas it is true humanity is slowly learning to diminish and reuse the waste of its production processes, more and more waste is being created everywhere with disastrous consequences for our eco-systems. How can we think of global strategies to severely reverse the trend?
6. Water; Assessment and proposals to face the scarcity and combating the mismanagement of water resources;
7. Weather; Our land and energy systems are proving unsustainable and with a dramatic potential to serious affect weather conditions on a planetary scale. Whereas major international initiatives have not yet fully addressed the issue, are there alternative actions that might prove to be more efficient?